So today I'm doing Wine and Love again, hosted by Suki! Here we talk about the things making us reach for the wine glass (or alcoholic beverage of choice) and the things we love this week!
- While I'm enjoying living in the city, it's not totally ideal. I can't say I love the subway, though I am getting more reading done. I still feel a little bit out of sorts, living in a place that's not mine. Though, to be fair, this is a very minor w(h)ine. Though I am hot!
- Haven't been sleeping well the past...few weeks, now. There are a variety of reasons for this, mostly based around eating habits, sleeping in a new bed, all that, but it just adds up to me feeling off and a bit worn down. And unable to get up early. Or, well, not unable. But really not feeling up to it.
- I've been keeping up with blogs, and a little more with YouTube, and even doing some writing myself. I missed it, and I'm glad I'm getting back to it.
- I went home for a little bit on Tuesday night, and being away, and living on my own, has made me really appreciate my Mom, and my house. Although it's not perfect, I will be glad to get back there for a little while.
- I'm enjoying my time alone, but finding it is making me crave time out a bit more too. I've been out and about with people almost every day since Saturday, and I've actually enjoyed it, and not felt drained. I think this is because most nights I am coming home alone, and can shut myself off when I need to, which is great. But it's making me realize that I don't entirely hate social engagements, and they're not always super draining. So it's a nice realization, truthfully.
What are you loving, and not loving this week?
I didn't sleep much last night.
There are a few reasons for this, and probably more I can't really identify. It was hot, for one. One of those nights where I couldn't seem to get comfortable in my own bed. I woke up to having pulled the bedsheets into knots from my tossing and turning.
I was worried about going back to work. Not for any particular reason. There's the baseline worry of the various projects that are behind, that I can never seem to get a handle on, but it was more the simple change of going from 4 days of relaxation back to work, and just feeling a little worried about that.
I was worried about moving. There's a lot I have to do before I move in to my friend's apartment (referred to here on in as The Sublet, even if that is technically inaccurate), some of which could wait til I'm there, some of which can't, most of which has to be done tonight.
I was worried about my Dad. Last night when I talked about it he seemed vaguely…perturbed. I don't know whether this is because he offered to drive me into the city with some of my stuff and I accepted, or because he doesn't want to be left alone for the rest of the week while I'm gone, or if I'm just entirely misreading it. I know he'll miss me, and I'll miss him too, but having some space will be good for me (and probably my parents too, truth be told).
It was also one of those nights where some part of my mind decided to bring up every insult, every hurtful comment that had been directed at me, every failure I'd had in my life. Which is, you know, always fun.
But, I got up this morning. I got to the train early to buy my new pass, and I'm almost at the subway station now to buy my subway pass. I've never had one of those before. I've ridden it, but never had the fancy swipe pass. Little things like this make me happy.
This month will be a taste of what's to come, and I've been reminded that it won't all be sunshine and rainbows and independence. But there will be joys. I'll make sure there are.