So, in an effort to take a cue from GFM and blog a bit more, I'm jumping on the Wine & Love bandwagon, hosted first by Nora and now by Suki!
However, being a guy, I'm deciding to call it Beer and Love for myself, since I'd tend to reach for the beer glass, rather than the wine glass. But rest assured, this is the same idea! The idea being that, you talk about the things thing are making you reach for the glass, and the things you are loving.
Edit: GFM has called on me to put some money in the Douchebag Jar for calling it Beer and Love, so I'm switching to wine. A guy can drink wine too! And I do!
- Drama. Without going into too many specifics (and if you're reading this, I can almost guarantee it's not about you) there's been some drama with some friends. Places and groups that were supposed to be fun, safe spaces are becoming less so. It's not the end of the world, but it makes things a bit harder and a bit more tense overall.
- Work continues to be very busy. Not in a terrible way, but definitely a bit busier than I'd like.
- I'm getting sick, too. Nothing huge, but I'm feeling that tickle at the back of my throat that says it's starting. I'll need to try and get lots of rest this weekend, I think, to catch up.
- Had a phone interview with a potential new job today, which I'm excited about. I'm not desperate to move or anything, but this would be a nice career progression, so I'm excited about that possibility. It would also be closer to home (the current home, anyway) which would be a big plus. More like a 20 minute drive, instead of almost an hour using public transit. Less time to sit and read, but I also wouldn't be bound by the train schedule. We will see though! Nothing's set in stone yet.
- I'm being better at finances this month. Resisting the urge to buy a lot of things I would have bought without a second thought, saving up for my move. I'm still more than a little scared of being able to have enough money when I do move out, but a new job would definitely help with that!
What's up with you, reader? What are you loving, and what's making you reach for the alcoholic beverage of choice?
Last 5 posts in Uncategorized
- Scintilla Project: Day 2: How To Buy the Perfect Home - March 14th, 2013
- The Day - December 20th, 2012
- Oh, hi, I'm alive! - December 13th, 2012
- What I'm Absorbing: November 2nd - November 2nd, 2012
- Guest Post: An Introvert’s Guide to Making and Meeting Friends on the Internet - July 13th, 2012