Not belated! Well, technically belated, but only very slightly, so I’m giving myself a pass.
I managed to keep my spending down, for the most part, in November, and to keep better eating habits. Unfortunately, the holidays are coming, which means both of those goals will go fully out the window. I know there are plenty of ways to control spending and eat habits while the holidays are on but, frankly, I don’t want to. The holidays are a time for celebration, for fun, for not worrying about things. While I won’t go crazy, I’m not going to restrict myself like mad for this. I am going to try and be a bit more active, though, and that’s reflected in my goals a bit.
- Do Christmasy things. I love Christmas. Even though I call it Xmas a lot (that’s mostly a Futurama reference, to be fair). I really love it, and every year I feel like it whips by without giving me the chance to enjoy it. Part of this is because in previous years I’ve been working a retail job (and for the last two years, both a retail and a full time job). This is my first year without the retail job, and I intend to enjoy the free time (and sleep) this affords me. So this means watching Love, Actually, putting on some Christmas music, and visiting the Toronto Christmas Market. You may, in fact, see a vlog from there, if I can find a slightly quiet spot to vlog. Though I feel like I may be okay doing the vlog in public anyway. We’ll see.
- Do more yoga. I have a new yoga studio near me that is hopefully opening in the next few days and I hope to go there a few times. Ideally, I’d like to attend their 6am class 3 days a week, but I’m not going to start with that. That may be more of a New Year’s resolution, and during the holidays I think I will need the sleep more than anything else. But even a few Sun Salutations in the morning of a half hour yoga DVD in the evening would be a huge improvement for me.
- Stay on top of Twitter. I’d like to be more active. Too often I disappear into WoW on the weekends and ignore everyone on there, and come back to find I missed many awesome and fun conversations. I tried to do this on Sunday and ended up signing up for a great project along with some great folks, so I think I’d like to try and be on top of this more.
- Stand up for myself and what I want more. This may sound a little vague, but I try to make everyone happy, and occasionally at the expense of my own happiness. This doesn’t happen all the time, but enough that it has been pointed out to me, so it’s something I’d like to work on. I’m not saying not to do things for others, but to be just a little more selfish on what I want to do and not let myself be guilted into something, or go out and do something just because that’s what I feel like a 26 year old should be doing.
- Enjoy the damn holidays and stop worrying.
I think number 5 is the most important, don’t you?